October 28, 2011

Don't Get Caught Under the Cherry Tree . . .


(I forgot to publish this posting in July. I still have a hard time believing this happened.)

Yesterday, our neighbor politely informed me we have a fruit tree thief in the neighborhood and her husband saw it first hand. The woman came into our front yard and picked ALL the cherries off from our cherry tree, cupped them in the bottom of her shirt and took off.


If someone wants a peach, an apple or a few cherries, fine! But the whole dang tree. Come on. It's a good thing I wasn't there. I would have sent my dog out there first to scare her (Emmy would have probably just ran past her to chase some squirrel) and then I would have ran after her, with my pregnancy belly and all. It's the principle, our yard isn't your yard and if you need some cherries, buy them at the dang grocery store like normal adults do. They're in season for crying out loud.

Anyway, I hate thieves.

When I went out to inspect the tree, there were a total of three cherries left on the top branches. Obviously, she couldn't reach them or they would have been gone too. I decided to taste one and luckily, they were really sour. I hope our cherries give her a nice stomach ache.

Next year, just like the postings I did called the Beverly Hillbillies of Scrap Iron, I will have to be watching behind my window when the culprit comes and this time, she'll learn not to mess with my cherries.

No comments: