October 10, 2011

An Update on Baby 3

I do not have gestational diabetes. Quite happy about it. I was on the borderline with the one hour test and I had to go back to the hospital for the three hour test. It was not fun!

I had to fast and then drink a bottle of fruit punch that tasted like half of it was sugar. Each hour they tested my blood. By the time I was done, I was like get me out of here. Three hours sitting in a hospital waiting room is boring no matter how many good magazines they have, and they didn't have very many. After reading Golf Digest and some medical magazines describing the advances in medical technology for the first hour, I was ready to move on or fall asleep. Then I wandered around the hospital for the next hour. Finally, one of the nurse's took pity on me for the third hour and led me back to a break room with a recliner and television. Now that was waiting in style.

So it came back fine. I guess I'm just going to have a big baby or an early baby. Apparently, big babies run on both sides of our families, along with a thick head of hair so it's a given I'm going to have a big baby with a mohawk. But at least he will be healthy and after you have one that isn't, it makes a difference.

No comments: